Two things that I have always loved are travel and writing. Since I chose to create this blog with a fairly specific theme, not everything I discover in my travels, or every story I have to tell, will be a good fit for my own blog.
That’s when I seek to write them for other websites and publications! And even if they are a fit for my blog, I still sometimes offer them to other sites with a compatible mission.
Occasionally, I also write on commission if the job fits with my schedule. Go here for more information.
There are a few websites I end up regularly writing for. Travelmag focuses on the fleeting and the banal parts of travel, which I think gives you a more immediate sense of a place. These short pieces are too random for Teja on the Horizon, so I’m perfectly happy to home them there.
I came to work with Written From because I liked the idea of their website. Some of these stories would have suited my blog as well. However, I have many stories from my odysseys; sometimes it’s good to publish some of them elsewhere, and thereby have a writing network.
Aside from these, I’ve written for other publications, especially in my prolific 2nd and 3rd years of doing this. Some of them would become a ‘regular’ publication soon (check out Adventure She).
Destinations Magazine, Issue 78 Spring/Summer 2017
NoWhere Else, Issue 2 August 2020
- The Salt Sirens
- The Maldives Dive Matinee: Manta Ray Bommie Ballet (travel story)
- My Hotel Has Fish Feeding: What Do I Do? (informative article)
- Travelista Club
- 7 Megalith Sites of Melaka: The Hunt into Myth (travel guide)
- The Essential Guide to Georgetown, Penang (And Tips for More!) (travel guide)
- Seeing Kathmandu Through The Buddha’s Wisdom Eyes (travel story)
- 4 Reasons Perlis, Malaysia Is Worth A Road Trip (travel guide)
- Creative Travel Guide
- 5 Unexpected Places to Visit in Kathmandu (travel guide)
- She Roams Solo
- Om Mani Padme Hum – A Trade for Bracelets in Pokhara (travel story)
- Travel Ponders
- The World Peace Pagoda of Pokhara, Nepal (travel guide)
- Udaipur Kiran
- Pokhara for the Non-Trekker: By the Lakeside (travel guide)