Two things that I have always loved are travel and writing. Since I chose to create this blog with a fairly specific theme, not everything I discover in my travels, or every story I have to tell, will be a good fit for my own blog.
That’s when I seek to write them for other websites and publications! And even if they are a fit for my blog, I still sometimes offer them to other sites with a compatible mission.
Occasionally, I will also write on commission if the job fits with my schedule. Go here for more information.
There are a few websites I end up regularly writing for. Travelmag | The Independent Spirit focuses on the fleeting and the banal parts of travel, which I think gives you a more immediate sense of a place. These short pieces are too random for Teja on the Horizon (and sometimes, too controversial), so I’m perfectly happy to home them there.
I also sometimes offer more marine-oriented articles to The Salt Sirens, since I think Chantae’s website is cool. Not as many as I expected to, since my Pacific trips somehow turned out to be a lot more personal and reflective than I anticipated. But I reckon eventually I’ll have more marine topics to write about than would suit my blog.
Go to my author’s page for my articles published at these sites.
I also run the blog and am the main copywriter for the online shopping website, Ethical Cashmere. This is a partnership that I helped to set up, and the blog is where we share a little something about life in Kashmir and the Himalayas.
Issue 78 Spring/ Summer 2017 (print article)
Issue 2 August 2020
Issue 7 September 2019
Issue 12 December 2020
Volume No 48, August 2021 (syndicated)
- inTravel Magazine
- World War II Cruide Oil Tanks; Now Cairns Art Gallery (travel guide)
- My Atacama Souvenir was Painted by the Sun (travel story)
- Travelista Club
- The Essential Guide to Georgetown, Penang (And Tips for More!) (travel guide)
- 7 Megalith Sites of Melaka: The Hunt into Myth (travel guide)
- Seeing Kathmandu Through The Buddha’s Wisdom Eyes (travel story)
- 4 Reasons Perlis, Malaysia Is Worth A Road Trip (travel guide)
- Creative Travel Guide
- 5 Unexpected Places to Visit in Kathmandu (travel guide)
- In The Know Traveller
- Postcards on the Dashashwamedh Ghat (travel story)
- Travel Ponders
- The World Peace Pagoda of Pokhara, Nepal (travel guide)
- Udaipur Kiran
- Pokhara for the Non-Trekker: By the Lakeside (travel guide)
- World Heritage Sites
- Bahla Fort | World Heritage Sites (travel guide)